27 Contemporary Wedding Vows To replace vows in any of the ceremonies
(to help you say what's in your heart. Many different options to choose from to fit your style and feelings.)
1. (Name), I take you to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife). Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live. I take you, with all your faults and strengths, as I offer myself to you with all my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life.
2. I love you, (Name). You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.
3. Name), I pledge to you to be your loving friend and partner in marriage. To talk and to listen, to trust and appreciate you; to respect and cherish your uniqueness; and to support, comfort, and strengthen you through life's joys and sorrows. I promise to share hopes, thoughts, and dreams as we build our lives together. May our lives be ever intertwined, our love keeping us together. May we build a home that is compassionate to all, full of respect and honor for others and each other. And may our home be forever filled with peace, happiness, and love.
4. (Name), today I will marry you, my friend, the one I will live with, dream with, and love forever. I take you to be my (husband/wife). From this day forward I will cherish you. I will look with joy down the path of our tomorrows, knowing we will walk it together side by side, hand in hand, and heart to heart.
5. (Name), I promise to love you above all others, and to value your friendship as a precious gift. I look forward to raising our family, and building our relationship, under the care and guidance of God. I promise to stand beside you in sickness or health, in times of prosperity and decline, in peace and in turmoil, as long as we both shall live.
6. I, (Name), take you (Name), to be my (husband/wife), and companion of my days. We shall bear together whatever of sorrow and adversity life may place upon us, and share together whatever of joy and fulfillment life may hold in store. I commit my life to you; a commitment made in love, kept in faith, lived in hope and eternally made anew. I pledge to you a life of giving and of hoping, of growing and of loving. I shall be with you in your tears and in your laughter, just as I shall bring to you my own joys and my own sorrows. You will be my (husband/wife), as long as love remains. My commitment is made in love, kept in faith, lived in hope and eternally made anew.
7. I, (Name), take you (Name), to be no other than yourself. Loving what I know of you, trusting what our future will bring to us. Whatsoever life may bring to you, I will be at your side, for all the risings and settings of the sun, for all the days of fullness and in barren times. In the foreknowledge of joy and pain, strength and weariness, I pledge myself to deepening in love and understanding as long as love remains. My commitment is made in love, kept in faith, lived in hope and eternally made anew.
8. I, (Name), choose you (Name), as my (husband/wife), in friendship and in love, in strength and weakness, to share the good times and misfortune, in achievement and failure. I will cherish and respect you through all the changes of our lives, forever giving thanks that we found each other.
9. I (Name), in the Name of the spirit of God, that resides within us all, and the love that resides within my heart, take you (Name) to my hand, my heart, and my spirit, to be my chosen one. I promise to love you wholly and completely without restraint, in sickness and in health, in plenty and in poverty, in life and beyond, where we shall meet, remember and love again. I shall not seek to change you in any way. I shall respect you, your beliefs, your people, and your ways as I respect myself. This is my solemn vow.
10. (Name), in the presence of our dear family and friends, I pledge to be your (husband/wife) from this day forward. Where there has been cold, you have brought warmth; where there was darkness, you have brought light. Our miracle lies in the path we have chosen together. I enter this marriage with you, knowing that the true magic of love is not to avoid changes, but to follow the path together, hand in hand. Let us commit to the miracle of making each day work, together. Whatever lies ahead, good or bad, we will face together. Distance may test us for a time, and time may try us. But if we look to each other first, we will always see a friend. For better or worse, richer of poorer, in sickness and health, in joy and in sorrow, to love and to cherish, to be faithful to you alone Today, I take my place as your (husband/wife). May our days be long, and may they be seasoned with faith, love, understanding, and respect, forever and ever. Today is the beginning of the rest of our lives. I choose to spend today, and all of my tomorrows, with you.
11. (Name), this day, before our family and friends, with joy in my heart, I pledge myself to you as your (husband/wife), promising to love you, to cherish our moments together, for now and forever.
12. My beloved (Name), emptying my heart of all others, I fill it now with you, to love you until the end of my days as my most treasured spouse. I promise that I will love you, hold you, and enjoy you, console you, delight you, astound you when I can, and cherish you dearly.
13. I (Name), take you (Name), to by my (husband/wife), secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. On this special day, I give you in the presence of God and all those in attendance, my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful (husband/wife), in sickness and in heath, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.
14. (Name), I take you to be my partner; to have and to hold, from this day forward. I give to you my unending love and devotion. I promise to be true to you, to cherish you, and to share my thoughts, hopes, and dreams with you. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you, my best friend. I will love you forever.
I take you, (Name), to be my (husband/wife). I promise to be true to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, and I will love and honor you all the days of my life.
15. (Name), I promise to be there when you need me, to fill your days with sunshine, to comfort you and encourage you, to help you reach your goals, to be your best friend ever, and to love you all my life, with all my heart.
16. (Name), I take you to be my lifetime partner, secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, and my one true love. On this special day, (Name), I give to you, in the presence of [God and] all these witnesses, my promise to stay by your side, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you, for as long as we both shall live.
**17. I, (Name), take (you/thee), (Name), to be my (husband/wife), knowing in my heart that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. (**easy vows to repeat yet very meaninful)
18. I, (Name), ask you, (Name), to be my (husband/wife), as my friend and my love. On this day I affirm the relationship we have enjoyed, looking to the future to deepen and strengthen it. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. Together we will dream, will stumble but restore each other. We will share all things, serving each other and our fellow humanity. I will cherish and respect you, comfort and encourage you, be open with you, and stay with you as long as we shall live, freed and bound by our Love.
19. (Name), I offer you my Love. I offer you my strength. I offer you my weaknesses. I offer you my support. I offer you my loyalty. I offer you my faith, for as long as we both shall live.
20. (Name), I take you to be my (husband/wife), from this time (onward/forward); to join with you and to share all that is to come; to be your faithful (husband/wife); to give and to receive; to speak and to listen; to inspire and to respond; a commitment made in love, kept in faith, and eternally made new.
21. (Name), you are my best friend for life. I pledge to honor, encourage, and support you through our walk together. When our way becomes difficult, I promise to stand by you and uplift you, so that through our bond we can accomplish more than we could alone. I promise to work at our love, and always make you a priority in my life. With every beat of my heart, I will love you. This is my solemn vow.
22. (Name), all that I am, and all that I have, I offer to you, in love and in joy. From this day forward I will love and comfort you, hold you close, prize you above all others, and remain faithful to you all the days of our lives.
23. (Name), I bring myself to you this day to share my life with you. You can trust my love, for it's real. I promise to be a faithful mate, and to unfailingly share and support your hopes, dreams, and goals. I vow to be there for you always. When you fall, I will catch you; when you cry, I will comfort you; when you laugh, I will share your joy. Everything I am, and everything I have is yours, from this moment forth, and for eternity.
24. (Name), the sun smiles on us today, our wedding day, and how can it not, for our love is stronger than forever, and our hearts beat together as one. I promise to be a true and faithful partner, from this day forward, in all life's circumstances, as we face them together. In the joys and sorrows, the good times and bad, in sickness or in health, I will always be there for you, to comfort you, love you, honor and cherish you, now and forevermore.
25. I yearn to be held, In the great hands of your heart___ Oh let them take me now. Into them I place these fragments, my life....
26. (Name), I promise to love you above all others, and to value your friendship as a precious gift. I look forward to raising our family, and building our relationship. Today, before our family and friends, I pledge myself to you as your husband/wife, promising to love you, to cherish our moments together, for now and forever.
27. (Name), with all that I am, and all that I have, I will be your wife/husband, in love and in joy. I promise to be there when you need me, to fill your days with sunshine, to comfort you and encourage you, to help you reach your goals, to be your best friend ever, and to love you all my life, with all my heart.
COMMITMENT VOWS TO READ OR MEMORIZE
A.) Our love extends beyond earth, sea, wind, and flame. It is greater than who we are and meaningless without us. It is more powerful than our past, yet the foundation for our future. It has brought us here today to become one in the eyes of our family and friends, for all days to come. Our love is the essence of our lives.
B. ) With you, love means freedom. Freedom to love you without judgement and freedom to be yours while maintaining the very soul of me. So on this day, a day we choose together to meet in union before family and friends, I accept you as my partner, in the name of love. My most cherished freedom is now the freedom to love you for a lifetime.
C.) My aim is not to change you, but rather to grow with you. I bring a stronger heart to this choice than I have brought to any other. But I sense that it will grow stronger still with days lived along side you. Stay with me. Learn with me. Live by my side. I will do the same faithfully and joyously.
D.) I will base my life with you on love and caring. I will be considerate of your wishes and desires, and respect your integrity and intentions. I will support your dreams and goals, and strive to keep our lives with laughter and joy. Where there are troubles, I will stand with you. I bring to you the very best person that I can be, now and forever.
E. ) Our lives run in parallel, side by side, yet together. With continued love, friendship, trust, and communication, I take joy today in committing my life to yours. When you need me, I will be there, and when your strength fails you, may mine always be there for you. Side by side, step by step, may our journey together begin here, from this day forward
F.) It is written that those who walk in the light of God forever are blessed. They will rejoice in his perfect righteousness. Today we begin our journey. May we walk in the light of God forever. I have been blessed to share in your love, strive to be fair and honest, wise and true. May God always keep us and watch over our home. (religious: adapted from Psalm 89)
G.) You and I will live with the miracle. And miracles are possible where there is love. Love is the reason we are here before God. And I believe that today, God opens his hand to us. I believe that I was chosen to live my life with you from this day forward. Today I act on this belief before our friends and family, giving myself unendingly to you.(religious)
H.) This act is one we share with God, who here joins two souls for all eternity, and who will know us from this day not as two but as one. May God always be gracious unto us, bless our days, and abide in our home. May His tender mercies solidify our union as we join beneath His hand today. (religious)
J.) I open my arms to you in the promise of everlasting love, understanding, and hope for the tomorrows yet to come. May we relish the solidity of God who has entered our lives. In His infinite wisdom, He has brought us together today to be made as one. May we continue to grow in His sight as a couple. (religious)
K.) I promise to be your partner in times of joy and in times of trouble, to provide for and support you in friendship, trust, and love. I promise to work with you to build our lives together. May we grow, our lives intertwined, our love bringing us closer. Let us create a home based on love. May it be a home filled with peace, with happiness, and with love.
L. May my heart be your shelter, my arms be your refuge, for when your strength alone will not carry you through, my strength will forever be there for you. I open my heart and arms to you with the promise of everlasting love, understanding, and hope for our tomorrows yet to come. Side by side, step by step, may we journey together through our eternity.
M.) I pledge to love you forever. To be open honest and faithful to you. To nurture your spirit and support your dreams. To honor your thoughts and feelings. I promise to comfort and challenge you. I promise to stand with you as we share this life, and cherish the memories we make together.
N.) You are my best friend and everlasting companion. Whatever road we travel down, I will always be by your side. From the first day I laid eyes on you. I knew you were the one. So beautiful then and even more beautiful now. In return, all I ask is that you never give up. Never in my life have I been happier than I am at this very moment.
P.) With this ring, I give you my promise of honesty, trust, and devotion. I will stand beside you through the difficult times, wonderful times and the strong and weak times. May we overcome all obstacles together. With this ring, I interlock my heart with yours for eternity.
Q.) You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known. I will walk by your side throughout all of life's labors because that is the love I promise to give to you. I will weep with you, laugh with you, and always listen to you with a patient heart. You are the most beautiful gift in my life and it is the most humbling honor to love you.
R.) I choose now to stay this path with you, wherever it leads, whatever the outcome; To respect the unique person that you are and help you to become who you will be. To travel with you through the adventures of life, loving you at my side; in all that we will find, I pledge my friendship, my faith and my love.
S.) I promise to love and care for you, through times of joy and times of sorrow, to rejoice when you are happy, and grieve when you suffer, to share your interests, and hopes for the future, to try to understand you even when I do not agree, to do all in my power to help you be your true self, the person God calls you to be. (religious)
T.) This is the moment. The one I have prayed for - the one I have dreamed of. From this moment on, my life will be shared with another. I promise to you my love, my friendship, my loyalty, and all that life gives to me. We have come together as one, and nothing will ever diminish the love I have for you, nor the happiness you bring me.
U.) You are my best friend and everlasting companion. You have brought me the truest happiness I have ever known. I take joy today in committing my life to yours. With this ring I promise to stand with you as we share this life, and cherish the memories we make together.
V.) I place this ring on your finger as a symbol of my constant faith, abiding love, and belief that I was chosen to live my life with you. From this day forward, when you need strength, I will give you mine. When you need encouragement, I will listen and understand. When you need solace and comfort and the silent speech of love, I will be there.